22/01/2019 SubseaX joins Katapult Ocean - Press release
SubseaX accepted into the Katapult Ocean Accelerator
Oslo, Jan 21st 2019
We are proud to announce that SubseaX have been accepted into the Katapult Ocean Accelerator. Katapult Ocean helps build and scale profitable businesses with a positive impact on the oceans. We have been selected as one of eleven global companies to participate in the first accelerator batch taking place in Oslo from January 14th to April 8th. In the selection process Katapult Ocean had a pipeline with more than 500 startups to select from. “We are excited to join the Katapult Ocean Accelerator among 11 impressive teams! It is a unique opportunity to speed up our road to market and redefine how to execute robotic underwater inspections.”.
"If we want to have a sustainable ocean economy, all parts of the value chain must improve its efficiency. We are proud to have SubseaX onboard, as they are working to improve the efficiency of the undersea inspections obligatory for both shipowners, fish farmers and other ocean assets owners alike. By using the full potential of 4G, their solution can cut both emissions and costs”, said Maren Hjorth Bauer, CEO and co-founder of Katapult Ocean
We are proud to attend the Katapult Ocean accelerator program together with these 11 ocean tech startups:
- Atlan Space: combating illegal fishing through artificially intelligent drones
- Brim Explorer: offering next generation ships for silent, sustainable tourism
- Evoy: eliminating global boating emissions
- Fishency: using artificial intelligence and data analytics to improve sustainability in aquaculture
- Ichtion: designing systems that both generate power and remove plastic pollution from the ocean
- Recyclo: preventing waste reaching the oceans through logistics and an online marketplace for waste trading
- RemoraXYZ: enabling you to trace that your dinner has been fished sustainably
- ShipReality: speeding up the green shipping revolution through mixed reality
- SubseaX: taking you underwater with a click of a button
- Undersee: Undersee facilitates intelligent collection of ocean data
Katapult Ocean invests in and scales startups with a positive impact on the oceans. The first batch of the Katapult Ocean Accelerator kicked off in January 2019 with 11 leading ocean tech startups from all over the world. The startups will go through a 3-month intense program with a focus on growth, investor readiness, leadership development, exponential tech and introductions to the Norwegian and global ocean tech ecosystem. The sectors covered are transportation, ocean health, harvesting, energy and new frontiers. To support the startups, Katapult Ocean is building a global ecosystem for ocean tech, in addition to creating awareness around the great business opportunities in the blue economy. Katapult Ocean is privately funded. The next round of the Katapult Ocean Accelerator starts fall 2019, and applications are now open.
SubseaX enables remote underwater inspections over internet. We develop the software solutions to let you control any underwater ROV from anywhere in the world using a 4G internet link. This increases operational efficiency while cutting costs and travels.
With the click of a button, we connect you to the underwater world.
Jean-Gregoire Kherian, CEO
Maren Hjorth Bauer, CEO